Athlete of the month: Aidan Lafferty (12)

Back to Article
Back to Article

Moises Dominguez, Photography Editor

Since the age of two, senior Aidan Lafferty has shown an interest in golf and it wasn’t until he was six that he started entering golf tournaments.

For the past 10 years, Lafferty has been training and trying to get himself to what he considers the next level.

Before every competition, Lafferty arrives 30 minutes early to examine the terrain of the golf course. He takes some time to get in a few swings and get himself focused. He does all this before he steps up to the tee box to hit his drive.

While on the course Lafferty plays by his own personal rule “Playing one shot at a time, not worrying about what I’ve done,” Lafferty said

Perhaps that is why Lafferty has been able to go to state for the past 3 years and get scores like 69 on an 18 hole course. After the way he played last year he should be on route to making state again this year.

Whatever happens, Lafferty’s plan for this year is to just give it everything he’s got and hope that he can catch a scout’s eye so that he can keep playing golf at the college level.

Moises Dominguez, Photography Team

This will be Moises Dominguez’s second year on the Omega staff, he will be in charge of helping out his photography team throughout the school year....