Athlete of the Month: Sandy Greco

Zain Bando, Sports Editor

Senior soccer goalkeeper Sandy Greco is a jack of all trades who ultimately found her niche in soccer, a game she started playing 13 years ago.

Soccer has impacted my life in more ways than one. It has always been a great way to make friends and stay active,” Greco said. “The game has become something that I could not imagine my life without.”

Greco joined the varsity team her junior year, a year in which the Trojans finished 4th in State, a feat she hopes her team can repeat later this month. According to IHSA, the team is ranked 37th in state as of May 9.

“Last year, we were dubbed the underdogs, and it was the best feeling in the world to be able to defy all of those expectations and labels that were placed on us,” Greco said.

Off the field, Greco shares a love for girls’ basketball and wanted to stay involved by managing the girls’ team after switching to high school soccer full-time.

Greco will attend Lake Forest University, where she will study biochemistry and play soccer.

Zain Bando, Sports Editor

Senior Zain Bando is in his second year working with The Omega, but first as an official Staff Writer. In between watching UFC pay-per-views and NFL football,...