• November 12For the first time in school history Varsity girls volleyball gets second in state after facing Marist Highschool

• November 5DGN varsity girl's volleyball team defeats Saint Charles East High School to advance into the Final Four

• October 26Girl's varsity volleyball team defeats Maine South high school to win regional championship

Proposed District 99 renovations to bring new additions

Isabelle LaBianco, News Editor

On Oct. 19, DGN released its plans for proposed renovations that would cost $136 million. Plans would include reconstruction of the white gym, courtyard, library, and undergound track. If the renovations did get approved, construction would start summer of 2018.

“These are proposed changes, and were drawn up based on surveys and information that has been 3 years in the making… The focus of these changes is safety and secruity”
– Supervisor of Buildings and Ground Michelle Cannan

“Our facilities, at this point, are pretty antiquated. Hopefully we’ll get a new gym, a new fitness center, and we will be up to date with other schools. We did a nice job upgrading our outdoor facilities a couple of years ago, and hopefully the next round will be upgrading our indoor facilities”
– English teacher Christopher McGrath