• December 3Boys Wrestling won against Proviso West 56-15

Athlete of the Month: Jade Mejia Wick

Zain Bando, Sports Editor

Senior and three-year varsity softball player Jade Mejia Wick is a DePauw University commit. She is excited for the opportunity, as she has been looking forward to playing collegiately since age 12.

Mejia Wick’s experience on her travel team, Nationals, helped her draw exposure from schools, as well as gave her the opportunity to play on the same team as some of her DGN counterparts.

“[Mackenzie Bernhard, Madi Greenberg, and Renae Bielawa] play on Nationals with me, which has been nice since we can make ourselves better,” Mejia Wick said.

Her junior season is his favorite season to date, but she is excited for her senior season as the Trojans look to defend their regional title.

“Our goal is to win a regional championship every year, which we were able to do last year by beating Plainfield East,” Mejia Wick said. “I feel that we can win conference this year since Oak Park River Forest lost their starting pitcher to Auburn.”

She plans to major in pre-law and minor in Spanish at DePauw University.

Zain Bando, Sports Editor

Senior Zain Bando is in his second year working with The Omega, but first as an official Staff Writer. In between watching UFC pay-per-views and NFL football,...