Athlete of the month: Eva Bednard

Back to Article
Back to Article

Athlete of the month: Eva Bednard

Matt Carbon, Sports Editor

Freshman Eva Bednard may be a newcomer, but she’s already making her mark on the DGN girls’ varsity cross-country team.

“I love being a freshman on varsity,” Bednard said. “It puts some extra pressure on myself to do well, but I think that just encourages me.”

The key to her success may just be the team’s practice routine, which varies from day to day, but usually consists of a three-to-seven mile run. Another reason could be their ability to bond as a team, no matter what class.

“My teammates and I are all very encouraging to one another, which also helps me believe in myself that I can go faster,” Bednard said.

Her goal was to be on varsity from the start, and her times show she deserved the spot.

Bednard ran a new personal record of 20:10.9 at the St. Charles Invite on Saturday, Oct. 1.

“I plan on keeping my place on the team by pushing myself to the best of my ability every day, whether it be practice or a meet,” Bednard said.

Oct. 15, the girls’ varsity cross-coutry team will be competeing in the conference meet at Lyons Township High School.

Matt Carbon, Sports Editor

Senior Matt Carbon is entering his second year on the Omega staff as a sports editor. When he’s not busy gushing over Kris Bryant or baseball statistics,...