Athlete of the month: Beth Dunlap

Back to Article
Back to Article

Athlete of the month: Beth Dunlap

Kileen Dietrich, Sports Editor

Freshman Beth Dunlap is one of this year’s starting setters on the girls varsity volleyball team.

Not only is she a starter, but she is also a freshman, and the only freshman on the varsity team.

Outside of playing during the high school season Dunlap plays for Lions Jrs. Volleyball Club, a premier gym in the Chicagoland area.

“On club team we don’t spend as much time together [as at DGN],” Dunlap says.

Good thing she practices everyday after school with her high school team so team bonding is not a problem.

“They’re all really nice and supportive and we all help each other,” Dunlap said.

The team is currently 3-4, their most recent win being against Lyons Township, and their most recent loss was against Benet.

“We played Benet and they’re really tough, they were state champions a couple years ago, we played really well against them,” Dunlap said, “They were tough competitors, but we pulled through, we won our second game and we took them to three which I was really proud of.”

Even though the Trojans extended the match to three games, Benet took the victory.

“We could’ve pushed a lot better in the third game, we tried really hard, it’s tough going three games in a row,” Dunlap said.

Kileen Dietrich, Sports Editor

This is Kileen’s third year as a member of the Omega staff and is currently serving as the Sports Editor. When not stressing over headlines, or laying...