Graduate Patrick Daly’s webseries leaves audiences stuck on ‘A’

Katie Callaghan, Feature Editor

Stuck on A, a web series featuring Devin Compton and Patrick Daly, a 2010 graduate, play the roles Elliott and Liam, who strive to become famous writers. Throughout the series, the main characters attempt to get John Stamos as an actor in their production.

On Oct. 26, John Stamos, best known for starring in the hit TV show Full House, tweeted out to his 1 million followers, “I LOVE this new web series. Watch it and find out why- let me know what you think.”

In the future, Patrick Daly, a co-writer, co-creator, executive producer, and actor for the web series hopes that the series will demonstrate the crew’s writing, acting, and production skills.

As a result of their hard work, the production has also been selected for the NYC Web Festival. The festival aired other shows on Nov 21 and then gave various awards.

“Our overall goal of the web series has been to bring a fun, entertaining concept to viewers. With social media being such a great avenue for displaying your ideas to the masses, we wanted to take full advantage of it,” Daly said.

To begin with, Daly and his team cast the roles through methods and personal connections that took time and thought.

“We created our cast through a few different styles. We used a lot of friends who are professional actors, but we also held auditions for the roles of Lauren and Teddy, and some other roles as well,” said Daly.

In high school, Patrick Daly was involved in One Act Plays and the main stage play Of Mice and Men. After high school he furthered his education at College of Dupage and has acted at film studios. Overall, he had been on and off acting for six years but recently, has been completely focused on acting.

“Stuck on A has been a great opportunity for him. I hope this becomes bigger and hopefully leads to more for him in the future,” Patrick Daly’s sister and junior Kylie Daly said.

In addition to their own cast tweeting and sharing the web series, Kylie Daly also helps promote the web series through twitter.

“I really hope the web series gets him noticed so he can keep pursuing his dreams of becoming an actor and writer,” Kylie Daly said.

“The idea, truthfully, was a couch talk idea they [cast and crew] threw out there, about wanting to create a web series, and it stuck— no pun intended,” Patrick Daly said.

The web series is on the website, www.stuckona.com, which has their information and episodes that are aired every Wednesday.