The student news site of Downers Grove North High School

Omega After Hours Ep. 5 - Adios, After Hours
Meaghan Wernett, Owen Halfpenny, and Avery PawlakMay 22, 2024

Episode 5 - Adios, After Hours: Owen and Avery close out the year and recap the Omega's Senior Issue, reflecting on the successful year coming...

DGN welcomes english department chairperson
Owen Halfpenny, A&E Editor • May 10, 2024

Starting July 1, Community High School District 99’s Board of Education has approved Katie Wood to take over the position of DGN’s English...

A conversation with local celebrity Coach Josh
Giulia Karrow, Feature Editor • May 10, 2024

Local celebrity Josh Porter, better known as “Coach Josh,” has played a role in many D99 students’ childhoods. Any kid in the Downers Grove...

Senior Assassin 2024 Recap
Senior Assassin 2024 Recap
May 10, 2024

Senior Assassin 2024 had it all: betrayal, deception, and ultimately three winners, seniors Jake Solecki, Reegan Lamantia, and Sydney Hnatiuk,...

Eclipse Day Photos

Sophia Barofsky

TAKING THE LEAD: Science Department Chair Michael Heinz announces live changes in the eclipse to the student body. (Giovanna Russotiesi)

IN AWE: Students enjoy time with their friends as they watch the once in a lifetime event. (Giovanna Russotiesi)

ALL SMILES: Seniors Jaden Fanta, Malani Fisher, and Gina Liu excitedly anticipate watching the eclipse.

READY TO GO: Physical Education teacher Gabriel Harris demonstrates how students should correctly wear their glasses in order to protect their eyes from the eclipse. (Giovanna Russotiesi)

SUITED UP: Juniors Lexi Keown and Makenna Purgatorio put their glasses on as they join the school in watching the eclipse. (Giovanna Russotiesi)

SHADES ON: Students sit on the football field with their protective glasses. (Giovanna Russotiesi)