• November 12For the first time in school history Varsity girls volleyball gets second in state after facing Marist Highschool

• November 5DGN varsity girl's volleyball team defeats Saint Charles East High School to advance into the Final Four

• October 26Girl's varsity volleyball team defeats Maine South high school to win regional championship

Review: Daughters – You Won’t Get What You Want

The latest album from noise rock outfit Daughters is the musical equivalent to being burnt alive, an auditory punch to the throat, all in the best way possible.

Matt Troher, Editor-In-Chief

Take a look at the album art for “You Won’t Get What You Want”. Do it, open another tab and google the album. Now look at it. Not a glance, but really an all encompassing look for a good 30 seconds or so. Have the image burn its way into your memory. There’s something disturbing about the image in its dark twisted abstract form, but it’s hard to exactly put your finger on it. The same can be said about the music found on the album itself.

Hailing from perhaps the most unassuming of places, Providence Rhode Island, comes Daughters, a noise rock (for lack of a better term) band who released what is shaping out to be 2018’s most ruthless record.

Daughter’s peculiar brand of noise rock is hard to categorize, to lump into a pre-formed genre, so let’s start with what we know. The record is relentless. From the moment the album begins, its throbbing bassline and deafening drumming grab you by the throat and doesn’t let go for its 48 minute runtime.

“You Won’t Get What You Want” is a loud, absolutely horrifying nightmare of an album reminiscent of a David Lynch film. Through its warped nearly atonal drones — to the harsh power electronic influences — the album unforgivingly plunges its listener into a pit of utter psychosis.

I say this all in the best way possible, of course. Despite its abrasiveness, “Get What You Want” tackles noise rock with unprecedented tastefulness. Compositionally the album is pristine, its utter cacophony of noise is done with purpose, the same way an abstract painter plans out their masterpiece for months before even putting paint to canvas.

“You Won’t Get What You Want” serves as Daughters relative perfection of the noise rock genre, infusing notions of industrial and art rock into their sound to create a truly original album. Say what you want, but rock isn’t dead.

Matt Troher, Editor-In-Chief

Senior Matt Troher is excited to take on his second year on the Omega staff, as well as his first year as Editor-in-Chief. Unsurprisingly, Matt likes to...