• December 3Boys Wrestling won against Proviso West 56-15

• December 3Varsity Boys Basketball won home opener against Proviso West 85-54

DSU Club

Sarah Rogoz, Editor-in-chief

Social studies teacher Lois Graham noticed a need for a new democratic club this year. Instead of starting back up the Democratic Socialists of America club from the previous year, she decided to start the Democratic Student Union (DSU) club instead, with the help of students.

Graham turned to Seniors Aistis Sadauskas and Katherine Gross to help launch the club because of their left wing political stance.

“Mrs. Graham approached us and said that we needed to kind of restart the Democratic Socialists of America club that we had last year and revamp it so that it’s more inclusive,” Sadauskas said.

DSU hopes to become more inclusive to the Democratic party.

“The name was not all-encompassing last year, we kind of wanted the whole left wing to be included,” Sadauskas said.

DSU also would like to hold debates with the Young America’s Foundation, a conservative club at DGN, to understand both points of view.

The club plans participate in marches, encourage political activism within high school adolescents, and work with the American Civil Liberties Union to encourage people to vote.

Sarah Rogoz, Editor-In-Chief

Senior Sarah Rogoz is on her second year on staff, and first year as Editor-In-Chief. As a member of the Cheerleading team as well as the Track & Field...