• November 12For the first time in school history Varsity girls volleyball gets second in state after facing Marist Highschool

• November 5DGN varsity girl's volleyball team defeats Saint Charles East High School to advance into the Final Four

• October 26Girl's varsity volleyball team defeats Maine South high school to win regional championship

Review – Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Kyle Schirle, A&E Editor

In a galaxy far far away. These words normally would bring Star Wars nerds like me great pleasure and excitement. However, after the great disappointment of The Force Awakens (TFA) the only emotions going through my mind when I saw this flash on the big screen was anger. To say I went into this movie with low expectations is an understatement. When I was finished watching the movie I was even more disappointed with the franchise. The Last Jedi (TLJ) was lacking for me on three levels: plot holes, disappointing characters, and what the heck moments. The plot holes, something that most movies have but usually not to this extent. Without giving too much away there are some points in the movie where I am wondering where a character got a lightsaber from, how they got back in a ship, how one could change their mind so fast, and how one could make such an idiotic decision.

The characters in this movie maybe some of the worst Star Wars has to offer. Whether it be getting rid of underdeveloped characters, having characters make absolutely zero changes, or introducing absolutely annoying characters who have almost nothing to do with the plot (I’m talking about you Rose). Overall there are probably two good characters in the film as a whole Kylo Ren and Yoda.

What the heck moments are times in the movie when you are watching and you go “what the heck just happened” and not in a good way. Some of these moments are when an all-powerful character makes a dumb decision when Star Wars doesn’t understand how space is a vacuum, and when a character with zero training all becomes all powerful.

1/4

Kyle Schirle, A&E Editor

Senior Kyle Schirle enjoys going by: Kyle, Schirle, Kyle Schirle, Mr. Schirle, and that guy over there. When he is not writing for the Omega he is usually:...