• December 3Boys Wrestling won against Proviso West 56-15

Don’t complain, take action

Back to Article
Back to Article

Don’t complain, take action

Omega Staff

As homecoming week has come and gone, Twitter has been bombarded with complaints about homecoming week dress up day themes.

When people complain about the themes, they are indirectly insulting the decisions and hard work of student council. Student council works hard to make homecoming week unique and fun for everyone.

If someone wants to improve homecoming week, all they need to do is join student council and voice their opinion there. Complaining without taking action is a nuisance to everyone around them that has to listen to them complain.

Formally, someone is supposed to fill out and turn in an activities form to student activities to join student council. However, one can show up to a meeting before turning in a form and put in their suggestion. Some students may say that they can not make it to meetings to help make decisions because they are too busy, but everyone has time to send an email to student council sponsor, Mary Ricklefs, or talk to a member of student council.

A recent incident put this issue in the limelight. On Twitter, people complained that the theme for the home football game on Sept. 9 was going to be Fiesta. The majority of students that voiced their opinion on Twitter wished to change the theme to USA. However, almost all of the people that complained had not attended a single N-Zone meeting, even though N-Zone leader Megan Gilbert always welcomes everyone to come and voice their opinion. The students that complained took no action to add their own opinion to the situation, but still complained about decisions that were made.

Complaining about decisions while taking no action to change them or to help make them in the first place is bothersome and offensive to everyone who helped make those choices.