MAKING CHANGES: The College Board’s website, which features all the changes made to this year’s AP exams. (Sam Bull)
MAKING CHANGES: The College Board’s website, which features all the changes made to this year’s AP exams.

Sam Bull

College Board announces changes to AP exams, additional resources

March 23, 2020

In response to the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak, the College Board announced several changes to their AP exams for this year and have provided online resources to help students study.

The AP exams this spring will be administered online and at home. All of them will be reduced to 45 minutes long, have no multiple choice questions, and be “assessing a reduced scope of content,” according to an email sent out by DGN Assistant Principal of Student Support Erin Ludwick.

In response to school closings and swiftly-changing situations, the company has also waived cancellation fees for the exams.

There will be two separate test dates for each AP exam, which, along with details about each exam (such as example test questions and units left out of the new exams), will be announced on the College Board’s website April 3, under “Course Specific Exam Information.”

The College Board has provided several resources for student preparation for the AP exams. They have offered the ability for students to reach out to them directly via form submission on their website, as well as free, live AP review courses available March 25.

In the email sent out to students, Ludwick encouraged students with questions to visit the Downers Grove North High School Advanced Placement webpage or contact her directly via phone (630-795-8504) or email ([email protected]).